With the increase in the number of internet users, the demand for a rich user experience has also increased considerably. Whether the website is displayed over the desktop or a mobile app, performance and consistency in interactivity are essential to increase the audience base. However, the need to offer greater functionality along with user-friendly layout puts the developers under immense stress. In this regard, MEAN stack has gained prominence in the past few years.
What is MEAN Stack?
Read More >> Tricks to Rank your Blog on Google’s Search Engine
Collectively, the MEAN stack forms a full-stack development language that follows a top (the browser on which the code is run) to bottom (database) approach.
Components of MEAN
The acronym MEAN stands for:
- MongoDB – database server
MongoDB makes use of a schema-less format. It makes the design more scalable and flexible. It is a document database and does not rely on the software design. Through the data transfer using JSON format, transferring data would be economical and easy.
Express is an extremely popular web application framework that is compatible with Node.js. It has a minimal design and offers programmable web server, giving it the qualities of high performance and lightweight architecture. Express effectively handles website requests and their corresponding responses.
Advantages of MEAN Stack
MEAN stack is slowly replacing LAMP [Linux (Server), Apache (web server), MySQL (Database) and PHP (backend)], this is due to the following advantages that MEAN possesses:
- MongoDB is a document database. It does not require the setting up of predefined schemas or rules to establish any kind of field regulations. This makes adding, deleting, and editing data not only faster but also easier.
- Any operating system that supports Node.js will also support MEAN stack, which means that MEAN is already compatible with prominent operating systems such as MS Windows, Linux, and MAC OS.
- It is an open source program.
- MEAN stack allows efficient allocation of resources due to which there will be a visible increase in efficiency, productivity, and will enhance user experience.